Senior UX Designer
Do you believe in sovereignty, privacy, and freedom? Do you want to help Bitcoin and sovereignty achieve widespread adoption?
Foundation builds Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your sovereignty. This starts with Passport, our best-in-class Bitcoin hardware wallet. Passport offers a huge leap forward in design and user experience, making it easier than ever to securely store your own keys.
We’ve shipped our first 1,000 Passport Founder's Edition units to customers to rave reviews, and we are now shipping an updated Passport Batch 2 alongside Envoy, our new mobile companion app.
We've assembled a world-class, multidisciplinary team – and now we are looking to build it out. Together, we'll build a new ecosystem that we call sovereign computing. Our roadmap is aggressive, and we'll be shipping innovative new products every year.
As one of our key hires for Foundation’s multidisciplinary design team, the Senior User Experience Designer will collaborate alongside Industrial Designers, Interaction Designers, Product Design Engineers, and our Software team to design and develop best in class connected experiences for Passport, Envoy, and our next generation of sovereign computing products.
Your primary responsibilities will be to define and design customer journeys, task flows, and device behaviors across several software/apps, physical/hardware products and connected experiences, so the demonstrated ability to do so in a previous environment is required. Additionally, visual design, out of box experience design, user research, and/or product management skills are a big plus.
Knowledge of user-centered processes and experience building products from concept to launch is preferred as qualified design candidates will need to balance user needs, technical feasibility, and goals of the business to deliver compelling product experiences in a production oriented environment.
- Update, improve and maintain the Foundation user journeys and task flows
- Update and improve the Passport Founder’s Edition and Batch 2 experiences
- Update and improve the Envoy app feature set and usability
- Design and develop the UX for the OS/GUI/HMI of our next gen products
- Update and improve Foundation’s design & development processes
- Conduct ad hoc research and/or design workshops as needed
- 5+ years of professional UX design experience are preferred, but candidates with more/less experience will be considered if they have aptitude for multiple disciplines (i.e. Visual, Interaction, Industrial Design, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for Bitcoin and/or empowering people with sovereignty is required
- Digital Design Tools - Figma/XD/Sketch or Similar
- Agile Management - Linear, Asana, Trello (we use Linear)
Nice to Have
- Prior experience as a UX Lead and/or Project manager
- Experience defining and designing ‘Out of Box’ experiences
- Ability to write research plans and conduct user studies
- Visual design and/or Interaction design aptitude
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We design and manufacture Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your sovereignty