QA / Test Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Remote-first, London, UK
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 5+ years
Find out more about NOAH:
🤖👨🏻💻👩🏽💻⌲ NOAH Jobs
NOAH is the all-in-one bitcoin money app for everyone, everywhere. We are building the future of money, and we’re growing rapidly.
We are backed by leading Emerging Market Investors and are now hiring for new roles based out of London.
The flood is truly coming - and we believe in leveraging the power of technology to solve some of the world’s biggest problems.
Enter: Noah, the bitcoin-fueled ark of the future. We’re here to fix money and we have room for everyone on board. We’re finally levelling the financial playing field by building a robust financial services platform directly on top of Bitcoin. For the first time in history, everyone on the planet will have access to a comprehensive suite of financial services. No frills, no tricks, no strings attached. An all-in-one financial application for everyone, everywhere.
Our Co-Founding team is highly experienced with previous executive roles at UK’s Top 10 technology firms.
About the role
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive practical experience in designing, building configuring, and managing the continuous build, deployment, and test pipelines. You will know and apply test principles and methods for Test-Driven Development and Behavioural Driven Development. You will have either built your pipelines in AWS Cloud or worked closely with Cloud Engineers to implement your processes.
Broad experience of automated functional and non-functional testing with deep experience of at least one testing discipline is essential as is the capability to organize and manage releases.
You should be prepared to own and sustain the systems that you will create and you will be responsible for handing over your knowledge and expertise to your team as you progress and ultimately expand your role to take on new challenges.
Your career will have given you experience in:
- Full-stack software QA & testing with a fanatical pursuit for quality.
- Pairing with developers in sprint planning, refinement, and delivery.
- Contribute to our DevOps, CI / CD, and platform engineering, with enthusiasm for serverless
- Engage in product discussions across the full stack ensuring key technological decisions take into consideration how deliverables will be tested and contribute to the definition of done.
- Plan & perform performance, capacity, and security testing where necessary utilizing external support such as the user community or managing specialists.
- Engage in code reviews.
- Help our team overcome roadblocks to planned development in collaboration with the product owner.
- Working in a fully automated CI / CD / CT pipeline that will ultimately adhere to stringent security regimes with separation of roles, break glass procedures, and panopticon observability.
- Participating in product and technology concept, discovery, and design discussions and decisions.
- Leading the architecture and design of the systems under your ownership and ensuring they are adequately documented to facilitate quality reviews, audits, and successfully convey information to others with an interest in understanding the systems.
- Leading the implementation of the systems under your ownership following the overall governance agreed by the team, ensuring that obligations to your team members are satisfied or renegotiated promptly.
- Fully understand the product requirements for the systems that you are building and capture these in the form of Epics, Stories, and Tasks in Jira.
- Identifying and taking into consideration non-functional requirements in the design and implementation of the systems that you own.
- Actively seeking to overcome obstacles to your work, minimize your dependencies on others, and drive your deliveries to completion.
- Ownership of the release management process and providing clear, detailed, and unambiguous information as to the state of release candidates and release schedules.
- Escalating issues that you cannot manage without assistance from the broader team.
- Testing tools - whatever you can bring, but probably Jest, Cypress, GoLang, JMeter test suites
- AWS Lambda (preferred languages GoLang & TypeScript)
- AWS Step Functions (Amazon State Language)
- GraphQL API
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon QLDB ledger
- AWS API Gateway & AppSync
- Amazon SQS
- AWS Cognito
- AWS X-Ray
- AWS CloudWatch
- AWS Web Application Firewall
- Amazon GuardDuty
- AWS Shield
- You will be conscientious, caring about our customers, our technology, our culture of performance, and of course, our mission
- Thrive in autonomous, ambiguous roles
- Strong attention to detail
- You will be industrious. There will be times when we will have to go the extra mile, work late or over the weekend, but it's not just a matter of working hard, it's about being productive
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of effective strategic planning, timely execution, and delivering results against company goals
- Excellent language, copywriting, and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on, data-driven, accountable, and highly motivated, with a team-player attitude
- Ideally, a self-starting individual with initiative, motivated by the team's success, a sense of fun, and good humor under pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of crypto is strongly preferred, passion for Bitcoin is a must
- Ultimately you are going to be an owner in this business, someone we can count on.
Base salary depending on experience + equity.
Decentralised / Remote Environment
Noah is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The all-in-one money app powered by bitcoin.