Compliance Officer (MLRO)
NOAH is a bitcoin-native banking solution specifically designed for the unbanked. We are backed by leading Emerging Market Investors and are now hiring for new roles based out of London.
In the West, we view Bitcoin as an investment. However, to those in developing nations, it serves its true purpose as a currency, leading to significantly more price stability in these markets. At NOAH we strongly believe that Crypto will change our financial system, and even more so in emerging markets where adoption is accelerating at a higher rate.
Our Co-Founding team is highly experienced with previous executive roles at UK’s Top 10 technology firms.
As NOAH’s Compliance Manager, you will ensure that the Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Control Frameworks of NOAH are fully operating effectively against money laundering. A professional excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance. A sharp mind who can quickly identify money laundering risk and maintain our systems and controls, considering a range of factors.
- Defining, developing, managing, refining, and documenting the Financial Crime and AML Program to manage all sources of regulatory risk and provide reporting which meets the needs of the regulator, local and Group management
- Working closely with the Group FinCrime function and other senior managers across the business to identify, assess, update and mitigate the regulatory compliance risks posed to NOAH and determine the priorities and resources required to effectively control them
- Determining identification and verification standards for customer take-on and AML compliance
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process, internally and externally
- Communicating with all necessary staff to ensure they understand their responsibilities and are trained in NOAH policies and procedures to identify financial crime, escalate suspicious activity by making internal reports, and make external reports to the regulators and other law enforcement bodies in a timely manner
- Receiving and promptly responding to inquiries from law enforcement agencies
- Continuously developing, enhancing, and embedding the financial crime and AML risk framework for managing key regulatory risks across the firm, ensuring that all processes are fit for purpose
- Serving as a liaison to the local authorities, managing filings to the local Financial Investigation Unit
- Supporting the business where necessary regarding the launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met, as appropriate
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
- A bachelor’s degree, with a relevant Master’s Degree, preferred or a professional qualification from an internationally recognized body (e.g ICA, ACAMS)
- 3+ years of experience in an MLRO role
- Team management skills including the ability to oversee compliance and control activities within a global payment processing environment
- Knowledge and experience of best practices in financial services regulation, fraud detection methodologies, and emerging practices in financial crime and money laundering typologies
- Good communication skills with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to exercise oversight, knowledge and understanding of financial crime and AML policies, procedures and control arrangements in a complex financial operation
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
- Deep knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory environment and key financial crime regimes
- Understanding of payment systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications
- Knowledge of the US regulatory environment is a plus!
- You will be conscientious, caring about our customers, our technology, our culture of performance, and of course, our mission
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of effective strategic planning, timely execution, and delivering results against company goals
- Excellent language, copywriting and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on, data-driven, accountable and highly motivated, with a team-player attitude
- In-depth knowledge of crypto is strongly preferred, and passion for Bitcoin is a must
- Ultimately you are going to be an owner in this business, someone we can count on.
Base salary depending on experience + strong competitive bonus + equity.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
Noah is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The all-in-one money app powered by bitcoin.