Chief of Staff & GTM
Is this the role for you?
- Do you have a voracious appetite for learning and driving real results across sales, marketing, product, community building, strategy, gtm, finance, fundraising – working closely with the founder/ceo?
- Are you considering being a founder one day, but want to get experience first at a fast-paced startup with a top tier team backed by top investors?
- Are you looking for a role that provides outsized autonomy and responsibility – and be absolutely critical to success?
- Do you want to work in an environment with A+ people only?
- Do you have the confidence that you'll succeed in the role, given the incredibly high-expectations?
- Do you want to work on the most transformative tech for society, with the company bringing it to the masses, and the corresponding upside?
If so, read the entire JD and get in touch as described.
The internet is broken. It’s because of monetization and centralization. Ads don’t monetize well, and aren’t based on one's value – rather, their willingness to buy something from someone else. Subscriptions and large up-front purchases are a huge commitment and don’t work for most experiences. Platforms censor, control and provide poor monetization options for builders, creators and developers.
We're injecting money into the internet. We're building the online payments platform to remonetize the web, enabling a new era online – one that is filled with quality, trusted, abundant and accessible experiences. We are doing this by powering net-new business models so that builders, creators and developers can earn significantly more – their true value, in their own control.
Mash is built on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network, digitally-native interoperable money. Sound, scalable, trust-minimized, programmable. It can be sent around the world instantly, in any amount, at no/low costs. It's the most transformative payment technology ever conceived – freedom money.
Our first product enables builders to integrate usage-based pricing mechanisms directly into their digital apps, content & experiences with just a snippet of code. It also adds the easiest to use consumer bitcoin lightning wallet right into the experience – without a download being required. Learn more by checking out this platform interoperability demo.
We’re a team of builders, each with experience at start-ups, scale-ups and big tech – including Google, Amazon, Lazer, Typeform and Fitbit.
We are well-funded, with a recent fundraise of US$6M and backed by top VCs and angels. The round was co-led by Castle Island Ventures and Whitecap Venture Partners, with participation from Maple VC, Strategic Cyber Ventures, Aquanow, Spacecadet Ventures, and several angel investors including Amjad Masad, Balaji Srinivasan, Austin Hill, John Pfeffer, and Dean Skurka.
Role & responsibilities
We are looking for someone to join us to tackle challenges across sales, marketing, community, and business development. Someone that can wear multiple hats – with the primary objective being, to own GTM, help the CEO on critical efforts.
You will be the first business hire. You will have significant responsibility – some of which will include:
- Drive GTM strategy and inbound/outbound sales
- Identify and execute partnerships with builders, developers, service providers and platforms.
- Ensure the successful on-boarding, integration and satisfaction of our customers
- Activate builder, developer and creator communities
- Create compelling content and thought leadership materials
- Synthesize learnings from working with customers to advise our product roadmap and development
- Anything and everything required for start-up success
- Grow and take on more responsibility immediately when ready
- 3+ years of experience in a demanding, high-paced environment with multi-disciplinary responsibilities
- Proven experience learning new skills on the fly, and achieving real results
- Bonus: Start-up experience in a similar role
- Bonus: Interest in Bitcoin + Lightning Network products, developer products & tools.
- Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy
- Your a self starter and problem solver
- Enjoy working in a team environment – focused on team goals
- Great communication skills
- Have a passion for lifelong learning and first-principles thinking
How we work
We treat your time as the scarce asset that it is. We respect people being heads down and having the time to get into a flow. Distractions and context switching are things we work to minimize. We have meetings for specific purposes – and leverage async channels as much as appropriate. This allows us to maintain a high-velocity with the right level of collaboration.
Mash has an open and direct culture. We use data to make decisions. We believe that not making a decision is a decision – and a terrible one. We have strong conviction and take action. We can agree to disagree and move forward after reviewing the details. As we learn, we will re-evaluate, iterate and push forward. We are dedicated to the mission.
Mash is a remote-first company. We are doing this deliberately to assemble the best team possible and enable you to work where it fits best into your life. For those that prefer an in-person based environment, we will consider having mini-offices in cities that we have a meaningful presence in.
Join the movement
Please reach out to us at email@example.com – and include a bit about yourself, your resume, and three bullet points about why you are specifically interested in Mash's mission.
Want to prove your chops? Share some of your thoughts on the following.
(1) Experiment with early Mash experiences, provide feedback and/or build something basic.
- Meme-sites that are integrated with Mash for bitcoin + lightning monetization. www.prophecybitcoin.com which pokes fun at price predictions, and www.mashingmonsters.com where you can create a bitcoin "nft" and righ-click and save your jpeg for free, or some sats.
- Send/Receive funds from the Mash Wallet above to another bitcoin + lightning wallet, enabled exchange or product
- Check out our getting started guide for developers and live example web-components written and coded up by the ceo – doing what needs to get done.
- Try adding a wallet to a site, like shown in this demo, and the guides linked above.
(2) What are the first 3 things that you would do to get some app builders to try monetizing with Mash? Why?
(3) If you could choose one reasonably sized product feature for Mash to build out that you think would drive adoption from builders/developers – what would it be and why?
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A radically better way to monetize your digital experiences and content