Developer Relations & Partner Engineer
The internet is broken. It’s because of monetization and centralization. Ads don't monetize well, and reward selling other products and services over quality content and the value you provide. Subscriptions and large up-front purchases are a huge commitment and don’t work for most experiences.
We're building the online payments platform to remonetize the internet, enabling a new era online – one that is filled with quality, trusted, abundant and accessible experiences. We are doing this by powering net-new business models so that builders, creators and developers can earn significantly more – their true value.
Mash is built on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network, perfect digitally-native, interoperable money. Sound, scalable, trust-minimized, and programmable – it can be sent around the world instantly, at no/low costs. It's the most transformative payment technology ever conceived, and realized.
Our first product enables builders to integrate usage-based pricing mechanisms directly into their digital apps, content and experiences with just a snippet of code. It also adds the easiest-to-use consumer bitcoin lightning wallet right into the experience – no download required.
We’re a team of builders with experience at start-ups, scale-ups and big tech, including Google, Amazon, Lazer, Typeform and Fitbit. We are well-funded and backed by top VCs and angels.
Examples of Problems We’re Tackling:
- Building a scalable payments platform for the web with Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
- Enabling diverse monetized experiences across the web for content such as mini-apps, tools, articles, video streaming, audio, and more.
- Creating a digital wallet with Bitcoin and Lightning that is persistent and can be embedded across the web – e.g., websites, mobile apps, etc.
TypeScript, React, Go, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Containers, and LND.
Role & Responsibilities
We’re looking for someone to join the team to help our app developers, no-code builders and creators monetize their experiences. You’ll be extending the Mash platform and act as a direct line to our customers. From building engagement with communities, to designing and building widgets and mini-apps to be integrated into our customers’ experiences.
- Build, ship, and maintain components, mini-apps, templates, WYSIWYG editors, and recipes/storybooks for use by our customers.
- Evaluate and build plugins/integrations with external platforms.
- Advocate for, and engage with communities
- Write guides, developer documentation and articles to help our customers.
- Work closely with external partners that have, or want to integrate with Mash.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team (product, design, engineering).
- Understand and learn user needs.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and product improvement.
- Collaborate with the community to further advance Bitcoin/Lightning tech.
Desired Skill Set:
- 2+ years engaging with and building out developer-focused communities.
- 2+ years of experience in at-scale, full-stack software development.
- Experience directly interfacing with and performing integration work for customers.
- Skilled at writing technical articles and guides, and delivering technical presentations/talks.
- Bonus: Experience building with Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
- Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy – self-starter and problem solver.
- Thrive in a team environment – focused on team goals.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a passion for lifelong learning.
How we work:
We treat your time as the scarce asset that it is. We respect people being heads down and having the time to get into a flow. Distractions and context switching are things we work to minimize. We have meetings for specific purposes, and leverage async channels as much as possible. This allows us to maintain a high-velocity with appropriate collaboration.
Mash has an open and direct culture. We use data to make decisions. We believe that not making a decision is a decision – and a terrible one. We have strong conviction and take action. We can agree to disagree and move forward after reviewing the details. As we learn, we will re-evaluate, iterate and push forward. We are dedicated to the mission.
Mash is a remote-first company. We are doing this deliberately to assemble the best team possible and enable you to work where it fits best into your life. For those that prefer an in-person based environment, we will consider having mini-offices in cities that we have a meaningful presence in.
Join the Movement
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – and include a bit about yourself, your resume, and three bullet points about why you are specifically interested in Mash's mission.
Try Mash Experiences
Want to try out the soft launched alpha version of Mash and share some feedback.
Check out the following meme-sites that are integrated with Mash for bitcoin + lightning monetization.
1. www.prophecybitcoin.com which pokes fun at price predictions
2. www.mashingmonsters.com where you can create a bitcoin "nft" and righ-clickt and save your jpeg for free, or some sats.
3. Experiment with our SDK and public earner accounts on recently created documentation by the non-eng members of the team (so bare with us a bit!) .
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A radically better way to monetize your digital experiences and content