Senior Editor - Swan Studios
Swan is the leading education focused Bitcoin-only onramp for retail customers, high net worth individuals and corporations looking to save in Bitcoin for the long term. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan Studios, a division of Swan Bitcoin, is looking for an experienced film and/or TV editor to join our team and lead our editorial efforts. As part of Swan Bitcoin, the Swan Studios team is focused on creating high production value video content for for both marketing and education purposes. The senior editor who joins our team will be responsible for overseeing the editing process for commercials, marketing videos, TV / Web series shows, and more.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- 6+ years of experience in video post-production
- Ability to manage a team of junior editors remotely
- Knowledge of Bitcoin preferred
- File storage and management
- Expert knowledge of codecs, exports and file structures
- review of junior editor work
- Meticulous organization
- Ability to develop editorial standards and translate them within and out of the department
- Ability to work remotely with other departments
- Expert at motion graphics and proficient in visual language
- Focused on editing Bitcoin news programs for YT, commercials and other top client projects
- After Effects knowledge includes proficiency in keyframing, animating text, using expressions, working with track mattes and shapes, and using basic virtual camera controls
- Ability to create and manage a post-production schedule
- Ability to work creatively under quick turnaround times
- Proficient in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
- Skilled in ideation and translating scripts into captivating visuals
- Must be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Passionate about storytelling and making things look beautiful and professional
- Polish projects with titles, overlays, lower thirds, transitions, color correction, CC, and sound mixing
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin investing made easy. Our mission is to walk alongside you on your journey into Bitcoin, the future of money.