Story Producer - Swan Studios
Swan is the leading education focused Bitcoin-only onramp for retail customers, high net worth individuals and corporations looking to save in Bitcoin for the long term. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan Studios, a division of Swan Bitcoin, is looking for an experienced and intrepid TV news/documentary narrative producer with a strong background in script writing and building strong narratives and story arcs for HARD MONEY: A new Bitcoin-focused finance news show. You will have top-notch writing skills, excellent news judgment, and be ready to come to the table with visual story pitches. Preference given to applicants who are passionate about Bitcoin and have a strong background in financial markets.
- Execute compelling 3-6 minute story packages to the highest production quality using visual elements provided by Swan Studios.
- Produce scripts incorporating well-researched context and work closely with video editor to pull visual, graphic and audio elements that drive viewership.
- Work in conjunction with executive producer and talent to ensure packages are relevant to overall show flow and are written in a conversational tone.
- Create original, research-driven story pitches for content that can be produced into video packages shot by Swan Studios.
- The ability to story produce in the field, including booking guests and assisting in the writing of stand-ups and on-camera introductions, bridges, and closes for talent.
- Foreign travel may be necessary, sometimes on short notice.
- Write accompanying story descriptions and show notes for web and short form clips from news show.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Skilled at TV Broadcast writing/docuseries narrative writing
- Experience overseeing story package production from conception to release
- Proficient in navigating basic editing software, e.g. Adobe Premiere
- 2-4 years experience at local or national video outlet
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin investing made easy. Our mission is to walk alongside you on your journey into Bitcoin, the future of money.