Digital Marketing Manager
About Marathon Digital Holdings
Marathon Digital Holdings is focused on securing and supporting the development of the world’s monetary network (i.e., the Bitcoin ecosystem).
Today, we’re building one of the largest, most agile, and most sustainable Bitcoin mining operations in the world, and we’re doing it quickly. By early 2023, we may represent approximately 7% of the global Bitcoin mining network (source) once we have completed deploying c. 199,000 of our Bitcoin miners. Additionally, by the end of this year (2022), we intend to be 100% carbon neutral in our mining operations.
We’re here to help make Bitcoin more secure and more widely adopted by bringing a professional and innovative approach to securing the blockchain. #ThinkOutsideTheBlocks
The primary responsibility of the digital marketing manager is to help support the company’s broader corporate communications program by leading the execution its digital marketing efforts.
As a publicly traded company with a completely fungible product (we make bitcoin!) and no customers (#HODL), the communications team’s primary mission is to educate a broad range of stakeholders, including journalists, influencers, and shareholders, on Bitcoin and bitcoin mining, as well as Marathon’s strategy, operational updates, and unique differentiators.
Additionally, we provide Marathon’s management team and board of directors with a better understanding of Marathon’s positioning and emerging trends by analyzing information about Marathon, our peers, and the broader industry.
- Manage Marathon’s social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Lead content generation and oversee the construction and distribution of Marathon’s library of digital content (incl. social campaigns, corporate videos, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to expand Marathon’s “voice” and implement strategies to ensure it resonates with stakeholders across all channels.
- Assist with our branded and corporate swag by collaborating with our design team and various vendors; manage our online store.
- Assist with media outreach and inbound inquiries to educate journalists and stakeholders on the value of Bitcoin mining and the role Marathon plays in the Bitcoin ecosystem.
- Assist the broader communications team with the creation and distribution corporate blog posts, white papers, research reports, etc.
- Provide on-going reports and information to management regarding the company’s communications’ efforts and the market’s perception of the company, our peers, and our industry.
- 4-6 years of experience in social media management, marketing, or public relations (agency or in-house).
- Familiarity with Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, DeFi, fintech, or tech companies.
- Robust analytical skills. A mastery of all pertinent social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Strong organizational skills. A history of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines. Strong project management skills with the ability to manage time-sensitive projects.
Personally, you have:
- Integrity, empathy, curiosity, and a sense of humor.
- A knack for explaining complex ideas simply, concisely, and cleverly.
- Intrinsic motivation and a strong entrepreneurial spirit – you take charge, solve problems, and “think outside the blocks.”
- A passion for Bitcoin and a strong understanding of how Bitcoin and bitcoin mining work, or the desire to learn quickly.
- A belief that one should get rich or die mining.
Work remote, or don't. It's up to you!
Bitcoin is distributed, and so are we! We have office space in Orange County, CA and Fort Lauderdale, FL for those who wish to use them. The communications team is mostly based in Los Angeles, CA, but we work all over. We also like to meet up in person, when we can, to brainstorm, collaborate, and hang out.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Securing & Supporting the World's Monetary Network