Director of Investor Relations
Marathon Digital Holdings is focused on securing and supporting the development of the world’s monetary network (i.e., the Bitcoin ecosystem).
Today, we’re building one of the largest, most agile, and most sustainable Bitcoin mining operations in the world, and we’re doing it quickly. By early 2023, we may represent approximately 7% of the global Bitcoin mining network (source) once we have completed deploying c. 199,000 of our Bitcoin miners. Additionally, by the end of this year (2022), we intend to be 100% carbon neutral in our mining operations.
We’re here to help make Bitcoin more secure and more widely adopted by bringing a professional and innovative approach to securing the blockchain. #ThinkOutsideTheBlocks
The primary responsibility of the director of investor relations is to help lead the execution of the company’s investor relations program. The investor relations team’s primary mission is to increase shareholder value by effectively communicating Marathon’s strategy, operational updates, and financial results to shareholders, research analysts, and the broader financial community. Additionally, we provide Marathon’s management team and board of directors with a better understanding of Marathon’s positioning and emerging trends by analyzing financial research/information about Marathon, our peers, and the broader industry.
- Provide on-going reports and information to management and the board regarding investor feedback, perceptions and opinions, stock price movements, and ownership analysis.
- Collaborate with finance, communications, and legal teams to craft the Company’s messaging for the financial community and by…
- Drafting press releases, earnings call scripts, shareholder letters, investor presentations, etc.
- Managing the quarterly earnings results process.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all investors and equity research analysts.
- Work alongside the finance and operations teams to develop a clearer understanding of business drivers and key metrics.
- Conduct analysis on Marathon, our peers, and the industry as well as buy/sell-side trends to keep the management team apprised of our current and changing position in the market.
- 5-7 years of experience in investor relations (agency or in-house), investment banking, or equity research.
- Familiarity with Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, DeFi, fintech, or tech companies.
- Robust financial and analytical skills with ability to interpret information and financial concepts for the investment community and management and apply them in business analysis situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Strong organizational skills. A history of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines. Strong project management skills with the ability to manage time-sensitive projects.
Personally, you have:
- Integrity, empathy, curiosity, and a sense of humor.
- A knack for explaining complex ideas simply and concisely.
- Intrinsic motivation and a strong entrepreneurial spirit – you take charge, solve problems, and “think outside the blocks.”
- A passion for Bitcoin and a strong understanding of how Bitcoin and bitcoin mining work, or the desire to learn quickly.
- A belief that one should get rich or die mining.
Work remote, or don’t. It’s up to you!
Bitcoin is distributed, and so are we! We have office space in Orange County, CA and Fort Lauderdale, FL for those who wish to use them. The communications team is mostly based in Los Angeles, CA, but we work all over. We also like to meet up in person, when we can, to brainstorm, collaborate, and hang out.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Securing & Supporting the World's Monetary Network