Senior Backend Engineer (Golang)
Job Description / What you'll be doing
- Work as part of a small team to build scalable, resilient systems that support product and feature development
- Architect, build and maintain excellent lightning applications with clean code.
- Work with, and contribute to, open-source systems.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Interface with the team via Slack, Zoom, and email.
- Work with modern tools including Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- 4+ years of professional Go development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Experience working with Bitcoin/Lightning application development is a plus, but not required.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- An understanding of engineering best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult lightning protocol issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of all applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken english).
- A passion for software development. It’s not just your career, it’s also your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- You work well within a team environment.
- Ability to consistently work 40 hours per week.
Zion is a decentralized social network built on Bitcoin, designed to facilitate the free and open flow of content and payments between creative people and their audiences. Zion leverages the functionality of the Lightning Network, the “Layer 2” scaling solution built on top of the Bitcoin blockchain. Nodes connected to the network route high volumes of instant micropayments directly between peers, without relying on facilitation or custody from a third party. Zion’s protocol integrates transactions of content, which are encrypted just like money. The network enables the seamless transfer of micropayments between creators and their fans as a way to recognize high-quality content and reward meaningful contributions to a community.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work
Your application has been successfully submitted.