Backend Software Engineer
You’ve probably heard by now: Bitcoin is the future. Wouldn’t you like to be a part of it?
Meet Casa, the secure home for your bitcoin. We’re the leading provider of Bitcoin self-custody solutions, the ultimate blend of security, privacy, and control. Our team combines deep security expertise, human-focused design, and exceptional customer service to empower our clients and build lifelong relationships.
Casa is seeking a mid to senior Software Engineer to architect and build backend features into Casa products. Our engineers work in small cross-functional teams, and experience a lot of variety, while still having the opportunity to develop expertise in areas of interest.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a development environment where engineers find creative solutions inside of a standards framework.
What You'll Do
- Partner with a creative team of product managers, designers, and engineers to architect and deliver engaging products.
- Carry implementations through from start to finish, including writing thoughtful technical specifications, defining data models, designing APIs, packaging builds, and executing deployments in non production environments.
- Write clean, thoughtful, and maintainable code with unit tests. Perform routine maintenance such as security updates and larger system upgrades.
- Pair with the DevOps team on initial iterations for common developer needs such as CI/CD, logging, new service deployments, and monitoring.
- Generate creative engineering solutions that follow enterprise-wide coding and architecture standards.
- Contribute and help define new standards to drive across the engineering team.
- Can be counted on for on-call tier-1 issue resolution.
Who You Are
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of backend engineering experience
- Experience building and supporting secure, scalable backend systems, preferably with Node.js
- Proficient in UNIX-like systems and the CLI
- Familiar with the full SDLC and industry-wide best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of ReSTful APIs and an intuition for scalable API design
- The ability to think abstractly and boil problems down to first principles to achieve solutions that are clean and elegant.
- Thoughtful understanding of how to optimize backend systems to handle unique performance and scalability challenges prevalent in the blockchain industry
- Familiarity with the nuances of monolithic code bases with either an understanding or a willingness to learn microservices architecture
- A self starter with the desire to continuously learn, problem-solve and acquire new skills.
- Excited and energized to grow and lead engineers towards new product ideas that expand upon our mission to deliver individual financial sovereignty
- A strong sense of ownership, user empathy, and attention to detail. Eager to collaborate with mobile, web, and infrastructure team members to design optimal solutions.
- Stellar communication skills and the ability to present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Security and adversarially-oriented mindset
- An interest in applied cryptography and Bitcoin
- Experience or interest in microservices architecture, AWS, CI/CD, and Terraform
- Familiarity with financial markets and terminology, exchange platforms, and matching engines
- Adept using Agile process-driven development
At Casa, our mission is empowering individuals to secure their digital sovereignty, and we empower our employees to do their best work.
Ownership. Bitcoin is the beginning of a future you can truly own, and at Casa, everyone has a role. We offer equity opportunities so our employees can benefit from what we are building together.
Community. Inclusivity is important to us. We value each other and our contributions. Our team, known as the Casa Space Fleet, brings out the best in everyone while having plenty of fun along the way.
Rest and Relaxation. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. We encourage you to take at least 3 weeks off a year.
Health Benefits. We provide medical coverage with FSA options, dental, vision, and access to mental health providers.
Setup for Remote Success. Our team is both decentralized and effective. We reimburse up to $400 for anything you need to set up your home office.
Investment Avenues. We partner with resources so you can invest a portion of your paycheck in bitcoin, and we also have the more traditional 401(k) option.
Maternity/Paternity Leave. We provide 12 weeks for maternity / 4 weeks for paternity.
*As Casa is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location
Casa is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re the leading provider of Bitcoin self-custody solutions, the ultimate blend of security, privacy, and control. Our team combines deep security ex...