Backend Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Open to Texas resident or candidates willing to relocate.
Location: Rhodium Shared Services (Austin Area)
As a backend software engineer at Rhodium you will design, develop and maintain server-side software to monitor and manage Bitcoin mining at scale. Working primarily in Go and Python, you should have a deep passion in computer science and breadth of knowledge in OOP.
Mindset & Attitude
- Highly organized and enjoys creating systems and improving them for the benefit of the team.
- Self-starter and evidence of self-management, takes initiative and doesn’t wait to be told what to do.
- Positive attitude – prefers to see the opportunities for improvement instead of focusing on what is wrong and who is to blame for it.
- Flexible with schedule – Willing and able to work when needed.
- Team mentality – ability to understand and prioritize the things that benefit the team and organization.
- Emotional maturity with co-workers, managers, external partners + ability to handle sensitive information.
Skills, Experience, and Responsibilities
- 3+ years of recent coding and software design
- Build stable and scalable software written in Go and Python
- Focus in a high paced environment to deliver projects early
- Design and create services and system architectures for your own projects as well as contribute to other team members projects
- Experience with Linux/Unix and shell scripting
- Knowledge and history with MongoDB, MySQL and Redis
- History with Bitcoin and/or Bitcoin mining (and how it works as a software) is a plus
- Full-stack web development history is a plus
About Rhodium Shared Services
We are a large bitcoin mining operation in the Austin area and we are growing fast! At Rhodium, we foster an environment of collaboration, collective decision making and personal motivation. As our most important asset, out team members mean everything to us. We treat one another like family and we approach each day as if the company were our own. We are driven and we show up for each other every day. We show grace and we are self-aware. We are radically transparent and strongly believe in a direct approach to problem solving. We truly believe that if we strive for these traits as a standard, the we all win together.
The most successful candidates for a position at Rhodium possess strong critical thinking skills and enjoy problem solving. They are generally flexible regarding scheduling, planning and workflow and are excited for the opportunity to learn. Our most promising team members have flexed their strengths in ways that show leadership, emotional intelligence, and initiative, while keeping the best interests of the entire Rhodium Family at heart.
Here at Rhodium, we are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Trust the Awesomeness!