This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zion, an application built on the Lightning Network, designed to facilitate the free, open flow of content and payments between creators and their audiences. As a Senior Marketing Manager you will be responsible for developing and executing your own marketing strategy and vision from the ground up. This position will report to our Founder & CEO.
Zion is only as valuable as the network of people that uses it. The importance of this role cannot be understated. Our creators & customers will be our everything. We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager who will be instrumental in developing the multi-year, global strategic plan for Zion growth plan in scaling our marketing to millions of customers & creators. The person in this role will lead the team responsible for executing on complex high-impact initiatives (including those that are first-of-their-kind)
Levels: Marketing Manager, Partnerships Lead, Director of Marketing
Listen, if you’re reading this, there’s a really good chance you already know what is expected from a true Marketing Manager.
You essentially need to:
- Tell great stories
- Grow the brand
- Drive new users (and revenue)
- And as we grow, recruit, hire, and coach the marketing team
- While spending countless hours cleaning data, tweaking copy/emails/landing pages, living in spreadsheets and Google Analytics, and finding that one misfiring Zap that broke your latest campaign’s automation….a lot of unsexy work
Below you’ll find some specific bullet points of what’s expected (more leads, pipeline, revenue, etc.), and what marketing channels you’ll be responsible for (we’re 100% inbound--all the usual channels), but here’s ultimately what really matters to be successful in this role:
Full Marketing and Growth:
- Design Zion’s marketing campaigns to meet specific marketing objectives based around three core goals:
- Increase brand awareness and social engagement
- Grow the Zion email list and Telegram community
- Continually convert interested community members into paying Zion customers
- Work with the executive and marketing teams to plan, schedule and execute these campaigns to meet the stated goals
Own the Relationship With Creators and Influencers
- Own the relationships with creators on the Zion app, navigating their organizations they lead to educate key partner contacts about Zion’s value proposition with their audiences.
- Expand current relationships with creators to get product feedback and improve adoption and use. If successful, relationships and partnerships should last forever
- Innovate on how we encourage influencers to build communities on Zion
Interfacing With Product Team
- Listen to our Creators and Influencers about what they like about the app and what else they’d like to see built.
- Be comfortable with business and marketing language as well as technical language
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team, defining its operating model, goals, KPIs and build this entire org from the ground up
- This will include doing the work before you have a the full team built
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to represent Zion effectively in interfacing with creators & executives
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, with a background in strategy, Marketing & Advertising, Influencer Marketing and Community Building.
- A focus on building & developing lasting marketing campaigns that will allow the brand to endure for years to come.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of leading high-performing teams in a product-centric environments
- Broad and deep experience designing industry-wide marketing strategies.
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a deal far beyond signing, and to lead/influence teams developing and implementing plans to realize the intended benefits of partnerships pursued
Not required, but a bonus if you have:
- Experience in working with open source projects
- Experience in working with decentralized networks, Bitcoin, Lightning Network, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchains, etc.
Who we are
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default. We think of ourselves as a startup building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining Zion today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
About Zion, Inc.
Zion was founded by Justin Rezvani and is headquartered on the web.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in the world including: Tony Robbins, Aubrey Marcus, Alex Davis, Mark Moss, Donald Park and Craig Nerenberg.
Modern Foundry Inc aka Zion is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Please read this job description as many times as you need to understand the full scope of this position. This IS a START UP so we hope that standards of understanding the pace and energy of a new business is required. If you are considered for the role, you will be contacted by our hiring manager, Ashley Sumida, from firstname.lastname@example.org**
Your application has been successfully submitted.