This job is no longer accepting applications.
The mission at Satoshi Energy is to accelerate progress toward a world with decentralized sound money and abundant sustainable energy. The company was founded on the idea that the most resilient and successful bitcoin mining will be powered by low cost renewable energy, and that 24/7 power markets will streamline settlement using a 24/7 financial protocol. Today, we are connecting renewable energy assets with bitcoin miners under novel contract structures. In the future, we envision every kilowatt-hour streamed to an energy consumer will be paid instantaneously with a digital financial transaction streamed to the energy producer.
As a Data Engineer, you will join a small, focused team of bitcoiners, engineers, and energy experts who know the importance of data. You will be responsible for leveraging your past experience designing and building production data science applications. You will determine how data is handled, how it is modeled, and how it is served to frontend applications. You will have an eye on scalability to new types of power contracts and new power markets, in both batch and real time streaming pipelines. As we grow, you will be instrumental in helping to build the team and a more sustainable future.
Your Day To Day
- Half your time will be dedicated to hands-on data analysis of power contracts and power markets, while the other half will be spent building data pipelines, tools, and applications to automate the analysis
- Focus on creating streamlined models for production; build and deploy scalable model pipelines
- Work within complex systems to create smooth functions behind the user interface
- Focus on the core logic, design, implementation, scalability and performance of a system
- Be an expert at creating and managing databases, integrating data systems, logging systems and caching systems using APIs
- Identify trends, invent new ways of looking at data, and get creative in order to drive improvements in both existing and future products
- Collaborate and communicate with sales, development, and operations teams to determine needs of a project
- You will use that knowledge and your data expertise to understand how customers use our software so we can prioritize features and software improvements
- Experienced data engineer with proven track record of solving challenging problems and/or degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience in data engineering and backend development; experience in machine learning and advanced modeling is a plus
- Experience building data visualizations, data pipelines, and web applications
- Expert understanding of Python, SQL, Spark, Beam, Airflow, Docker, and various cloud services
- Strong problem-solving skills to help refine problem statements and figure out how to solve them with the available data
- Knowledge of renewable energy project finance and retail energy contracts
- Passion for bitcoin and the bitcoin mining industry
- Self-motivator with the flexibility and willingness to work on various initiatives simultaneously
- We are free thinkers, we believe in meritocracy, we challenge assumptions meticulously, and we don’t get overly emotional if we’re wrong
- We believe in providing freedom and responsibility to foster a growth culture based on trust, transparency, and teamwork
- We encourage each other to seek discipline, balance, and fun in all parts of life, so that we can always perform at our best on the job
- We are a distributed team on a mission to build decentralized global power markets. You are welcome to work remote or join the core team in Austin, TX
In addition to competitive pay, Satoshi Energy offers:
- Full or partial payment in BTC
- Bonus plan, 401k, and equity participation
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home perks
- Quarterly company gatherings in fun places - the best of being fully remote while still coming together regularly!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin is energy backed money.