Fraud & Risk Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Swan is the leading education focused Bitcoin-only onramp for retail customers, high net worth individuals and corporations looking to save in Bitcoin for the long term. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan is looking for a product minded engineer with significant experience with fraud and risk systems to improve and scale up an already sophisticated suite of tools, automations, and agent workflows that deal with fraud and security.
- Gather requirements and develop tools for internal teams, working as a product manager and engineer to figure out the best way to optimize workflows for agents dealing with risk, fraud, and security.
- Integrate multiple third party and internal systems to create a comprehensive suite of risk and fraud analysis tools. Strong experience in REST API integration is a plus.
- Work with data team to build and improve fraud/risk dashboards.
- Improve tooling for account security and takeover prevention.
- Work closely with our fraud agents and monitor dashboards to identify new patterns and build systems and processes to reduce risky behavior while focusing on positive experiences for user onboarding.
- Evaluate system vendors and constantly educate yourself on new risk and attack vectors to stay a step ahead.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed:
- Mid to senior level experience with web-based and REST based API systems.
- Excellent communication skills, desire to own and lead a product from concept to execution.
- Solid understanding of principles of code organization and modularization.
- Desire to work in a fast paced start-up environment where you’ll have a lot of say in the product, but also lots of responsibility.
- A true passion for Bitcoin as a world-changing monetary innovation. We’re not a crypto or blockchain company. We don’t care if you’ve done any of those things in the past, but here we’re all about onboarding people into Bitcoin!
- Familiarity with our stack (Node/React/Postgres) is a plus but not required.
Here's a bit about our culture:
- We’re a small but growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged, we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, produce content for the Swan Signal blog or live show, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin investing made easy. Our mission is to walk alongside you on your journey into Bitcoin, the future of money.