Head Of Product
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zion, an application built on the Lightning Network, designed to facilitate the free, open flow of content and payments between creators and their audiences. We are looking for a Head of Product to help spearhead the Zion Product team, working on both consumer-facing digital products as well as API platforms for developers. You will work directly with CTO/VP of Engineering, CEO and other team leads to craft product development processes and roadmaps. You will lead and manage a team of project/product managers and designers to execute on the growth strategy of the product suite. This position will report to our Founder & CEO.
As the Head of Product, you'll be responsible for product launches, go-to-market, messaging, positioning, user and market research, and raising the bar for our product experience. We're looking for an entrepreneurial leader who likes to set strategy, manage teams, but is also comfortable with a hands-on approach. Zion is only as valuable as the network of people that uses it. The importance of this role cannot be understated. Our creators & customers will be our everything. The person in this role will lead the team responsible for executing on complex high-impact initiatives (including those that are first-of-their-kind)
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Work closely with the CTO/VPE to determine the short, medium, and long term product development strategy and roadmap.
- Manage project/product managers and designers to release features that create tremendous value for our customers.
- Gather product insights by interviewing existing customers and prospects.
- Devise processes to help accelerate Zion’s product development velocity.
- Determine the growth strategy for the product suite company management and stakeholders.
- Drive success of betas/pilots with prospective customers.
- Bring creative ideas and process to a data-science R&D process.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Senior Product Manager, Director/Head of Product or similar role.
- Combine customer empathy, user testing and research, analytical rigor, and strategic thinking to build detailed product roadmaps.
- Enjoy building strong teams and investing in others’ professional development.
- Bring at least 3 years of experience managing product managers.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills during customer conversations and with internal teams.
- Excellent prioritization and timeline management skills.
- Experience managing a remote team of 5+ across product disciplines.
Not required, but a bonus if you have:
- Consumer Product UX/UI experience
- Advanced experience in Computer Science, Maths, Statistics, Engineering or Business fields.
- Bring experience working on data-heavy products.
- Bring experience working for a B2C company and working directly with millions of customers.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Bitcoin and Lightning Network software.
Why We’ll Love You:
- You are solution-oriented - you keep improving the system each time you respond to a problem, rather than just resolving the specific issue.
- You like to have fun, and want to be part of a team that is building an innovative product
- You have experience working for an early stage startup, and can balance the optimism and pragmatism that are required to work in that environment
- You have the ability to work through ambiguity and are comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- You’re intellectually curious, comfortable rolling up your sleeves to find solutions and learn new things, with a focus on supporting the growth of the company
Who we are:
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default. We think of ourselves as a startup building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project. Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining Zion today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Zion was founded by Justin Rezvani and is headquartered on the web. We’re backed by some of the best investors in the world including: Tony Robbins, Aubrey Marcus, Alex Davis, Mark Moss, Donald Park and Craig Nerenberg. Modern Foundry Inc aka Zion is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.