Head of Security
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a senior information security leader to lead our Security team. As Head of Security you will be responsible for leading all aspects of ZEBEDEE’s enterprise-wide vision, strategy, architecture, policies, and programs for information security and risk. You also have extensive experience establishing security controls in cloud-based environments built on AWS. You will work to consistently raise the importance of information security to top-level management, teams, individuals, and customers.
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Establishing the right security and governance practices for the company.
- Enabling a framework for risk-free and scalable business operations in the challenging business landscape.
- Alongside CTO, responding to outside DDQs (data discovery questionnaires).
- Establishing and managing a risk profile or all privacy, compliance, and cybersecurity risk issues affecting the platform.
- Providing remediation guidance for any security issue found or brought to the team’s attention.
- Establishing proper governance programs that align to a defined security framework.
- Establishing a Gantt diagram that outlines the roadmap for the platform’s security program.
- Providing insight to macro cyber threats that may be relevant to the company’s attack surface.
- Championing information security to all levels of the business.
- Providing senior management and the board of directors with accurate assessments of our security posture and progress on an ongoing basis.
- Act as the point person for SOC2/ISO standards and certification processes.
- Alongside CTO and CCO, act as another point person for discussing Compliance matters with state and federal regulators.
- Alongside VP of Engineering and CTO, create, manage, and maintain comprehensive plans for performing pentests on the platform.
- 6+ years of experience with application security and information security programs.
- 3+ years experience leading, developing, and managing an information security team.
- Relevant experience managing security policies and environments on Amazon Web Services.
- Experience building security programs and developing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Experience with handling incident responses and leading Security Incident Response Teams
- Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict-resolution skills.
- Able to balance short term and long term business goals.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powering real economies in virtual worlds