Head of FinOps - Risk, Compliance and Financial Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
NOAH is the all-in-one bitcoin money app for everyone, everywhere. We are building the future of money, and we’re growing rapidly.
We are backed by leading Emerging Market Investors and are now hiring for new roles based out of London.
The flood is truly coming - and we believe in leveraging the power of technology to solve some of the world’s biggest problems.
Enter: Noah, the bitcoin-fueled ark of the future. We’re here to fix money and we have room for everyone on board. We’re finally levelling the financial playing field by building a robust financial services platform directly on top of Bitcoin. For the first time in history, everyone on the planet will have access to a comprehensive suite of financial services. No frills, no tricks, no strings attached. An all-in-one financial application for everyone, everywhere.
Our Co-Founding team is highly experienced with previous executive roles at UK’s Top 10 technology firms.
About the role
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to bootstrap Noah's FinOps team, initially undertaking all risk, compliance, and regulatory activities. Working with the executive team they will identify the people, processes, and technology that Noah will need to become a fully regulated Cryptoasset business across multiple jurisdictions.
The role demands a senior professional that has practical experience in creating appropriate transaction monitoring rules and configuring these into the systems that will be used to monitor financial transactions. Working in a fast-paced startup you will know the importance of applying a risk-based approach to compliance which will be commensurate with active customer numbers, transaction volumes, and transaction values.
As a Senior Risk, Compliance, and Financial Operations professional you will undertake the duties of Noah's MLRO and will join the executive team, as required when reporting to the FCA and other regulators.
Ultimately you will be responsible for setting the Risk, Compliance, and FinOps agenda with Noah and growing the team to create a discipline that can manage regulatory demands from multiple jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate will work with Product and Technology to develop Noah's Back Office system helping to define its UX/UI to optimize the productivity of their team. They will also inform decisions on integrations with third-party tools they will propose for use in developing the capabilities of Noah's Back Office to support their team's operations.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and owning the initial transaction monitoring policy, procedures, rules, and technology that will allow you to begin to understand Noah's customer activity; identifying and reporting suspicious activity on the NCA SARs portal.
- Surveying and interpreting our regulatory and broader compliance landscape, both domestically and internationally to inform Noah's go-to-market strategy taking into consideration regulatory burden or lack thereof.
- Working with senior managers across the business to establish and execute a world-class compliance framework, monitoring, and training program, focused on ensuring cross-company understanding and ownership of regulatory risk.
- Assisting the executive team with license applications in the UK and other target markets globally.
- Managing regulatory oversight, controls, reporting, and engagement.
- Reporting to the executive team and the Board of Directors, as the risk owner for compliance.
- Being the ultimate point of escalation for regulatory issues.
- Monitoring, testing, and reporting on the effectiveness of our Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Constantly driving improvements in efficiency and risk management.
- Developing talent, including line management of team members.
- Selecting, budgeting, and proposing technology and services that will help Noah achieve its risk and compliance objectives.
What You Will Bring...
We're looking for someone with experience in a regulated financial institution, ideally a Cryptoasset business, or other corporate, and who is passionate about moving to a fast-paced Fintech. You will be driven and able to work independently, while taking a consultative approach in the way compliance is implemented.
- You will be conscientious, caring about our customers, our technology, our culture of performance, and of course, our mission
- Thrive in autonomous, ambiguous roles
- Strong attention to detail
- You will be industrious. There will be times when we will have to go the extra mile, work late or over the weekend, but it's not just a matter of working hard, it's about being productive
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of effective strategic planning, timely execution, and delivering results against company goals
- Excellent language, copywriting, and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on, data-driven, accountable, and highly motivated, with a team-player attitude
- Ideally, a self-starting individual with initiative, motivated by the team's success, a sense of fun, and good humor under pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of crypto is strongly preferred, passion for Bitcoin is a must
- Ultimately you are going to be an owner in this business, someone we can count on.
Base salary depending on experience + equity.
Decentralised / Remote Environment
Noah is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The all-in-one money app powered by bitcoin.