Front End Full Stack Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: Remote-first London, UK
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 5+ years
Find out more about NOAH:
🤖👨🏻💻👩🏽💻⌲ NOAH Jobs
NOAH is the all-in-one bitcoin money app for everyone, everywhere. We are building the future of money, and we’re growing rapidly.
We are backed by leading Emerging Market Investors and are now hiring for new roles based out of London.
The flood is truly coming - and we believe in leveraging the power of technology to solve some of the world’s biggest problems.
Enter: Noah, the bitcoin-fueled ark of the future. We’re here to fix money and we have room for everyone on board. We’re finally levelling the financial playing field by building a robust financial services platform directly on top of Bitcoin. For the first time in history, everyone on the planet will have access to a comprehensive suite of financial services. No frills, no tricks, no strings attached. An all-in-one financial application for everyone, everywhere.
Our Co-Founding team is highly experienced with previous executive roles at UK’s Top 10 technology firms.
About the role
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience in building simple and intuitive user interfaces that create experiences that will delight our customers. You will be supported by a small team of dedicated and experienced technologists that will assist you at every stage of the delivery lifecycle and you will work hand in glove with designers, the product owner as well as the Core Engineering and QA teams.
We expect that you will ensure the architecture and design of the front end will be highly extensible and configurable based on customer preferences, the device rendering the UI, and additional data provided by the backend. Ultimately you will be responsible for creating a state-driven UI leveraging your knowledge of services available to you on AWS Cloud.
Your frameworks and UI artifacts will be designed to help make automated testing as simple as possible. You'll be building the front end for a cutting-edge bitcoin native bank.
Your career will have given you experience in:
- Creating products that were simple and intuitive to use for a global customer base.
- Modeling complex user flows while hiding the complexity from end-users.
- Faithfully Rendering designs across a broad range of devices (Web and Mobile).
- Creating state-driven UI architectures that can be customized based on information provided by the backend and which will minimize the need to force customers to upgrade the application.
- A deep understanding of the capabilities and constraints of devices would help inform your design decisions to ensure a consistent user experience.
- Bootstrapping projects and getting them off the ground using your experience of full-stack development.
- Securing Web and Mobile applications.
- Growing and managing a team of front-end full-stack developers.
You will be responsible for:
- Participating in product and technology concept, discovery, and design discussions and decisions.
- Leading the architecture and design of the systems under your ownership and ensuring they are adequately documented to facilitate quality reviews, audits, and successfully convey information to others with an interest in understanding the systems.
- Leading the implementation of the systems under your own following the overall governance agreed by the team, ensuring that obligations to your team members are satisfied or renegotiated promptly.
- Fully understand the product requirements for the systems that you are building and capture these in the form of Epics, Stories, and Tasks in Jira.
- Identifying and taking into consideration non-functional requirements in the design and implementation of the systems that you own.
- Actively seeking to overcome obstacles to your work, minimize your dependencies on others, and drive your deliveries to completion.
- Escalating issues that you cannot manage without assistance from the broader team.
- AWS Lambda (preferred languages GoLang & TypeScript)
- React Front End (Emotion, Material-UI, and GraphQL)
- Amazon DynamoDB
- AWS API Gateway & AppSync
- AWS Cognito
- AWS X-Ray
- AWS CloudWatch
- Amazon SQS
- AWS Step Functions (Amazon State Language)
- Amazon QLDB ledger
- AWS Web Application Firewall
- Amazon GuardDuty
- AWS Shield
- You will be conscientious, caring about our customers, our technology, our culture of performance, and of course, our mission
- Thrive in autonomous, ambiguous roles
- Strong attention to detail
- You will be industrious. There will be times when we will have to go the extra mile, work late or over the weekend, but it's not just a matter of working hard, it's about being productive
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of effective strategic planning, timely execution, and delivering results against company goals
- Excellent language, copywriting, and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on, data-driven, accountable, and highly motivated, with a team-player attitude
- Ideally, a self-starting individual with initiative, motivated by the team's success, a sense of fun, and good humor under pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of crypto is strongly preferred, passion for Bitcoin is a must
- Ultimately you are going to be an owner in this business, someone we can count on.
Base salary depending on experience + equity.
Decentralised / Remote Environment
Noah is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The all-in-one money app powered by bitcoin.