Vice President of Sales
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The mission at Satoshi Energy is to accelerate progress toward a world with decentralized sound money and abundant sustainable energy. The company was founded on the idea that the most resilient and successful bitcoin mining will be powered by low cost renewable energy, and that 24/7 power markets will streamline settlement using a 24/7 financial protocol. Today, we are connecting renewable energy assets with bitcoin miners under novel contract structures. In the future, we envision every kilowatt-hour streamed to an energy consumer will be paid instantaneously with a digital financial transaction streamed to the energy producer.
As VP of Sales, you will join a small, focused team of bitcoiners, engineers, and energy experts and be responsible for owning and growing our sales pipeline. You will also be responsible for leading and growing the sales organization in a fast paced high growth environment. As we grow, you will be instrumental in helping to build the team and a more sustainable future.
Your Day To Day
- Build, manage, and grow direct sales team and support organization to close interruptible data center projects with utility-scale generators
- Develop sales strategies and lead organization to execute on sales targets as measured by MWs contracted while meeting gross margin and energy volume targets
- Build relationships with origination, trading, or procurement desks within utility companies, municipalities, cooperatives, power marketers, investment banks, and interruptible data center offtakers
- Collaborate with customer stakeholders to lead negotiation of PPA and project details with utility-scale renewable generation asset owners
- Remain current on competition and market conditions to develop best in class solutions
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and development teams on go to market strategies for both new markets and new product introductions
- Provide weekly status updates including sales forecasts and sales pipeline information
- Develop sales processes, procedures, applications, and systems to enable the company to achieve the sales targets
- Lead the sales team by inspiring respect and trust, providing vision, and mobilizing others to fulfill the vision
- 8+ years of experience with utility-scale renewable energy or storage project finance, development, M&A, or vendor sales to renewable energy developers
- Established network of utility-scale renewable generation asset owners in U.S. power markets
- Proven success with targeted account selling and solution selling to utilities or renewable generation asset owners
- Proven track record of maintaining and developing relationships with direct customers and working collaboratively to negotiate and close deals
- Ability to analyze data and make insights for customers that challenge the way they think about energy markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of the changing power market landscape and the impact of renewables and other key market fundamentals
- Critical thinker with good judgment skills who doesn’t simply accept a “business as usual” approach
- Proven ability to create a new idea or strategy and deliver on the strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work, contribute, and adapt as an effective team player in a fast paced startup environment
- Positive professional demeanor with outstanding presentation, verbal, and writing skills to act as a representative of the company in front of clients
- Driven, hard-working self-starter with high standards for self and others
- We are free thinkers, we believe in meritocracy, we challenge assumptions meticulously, and we don’t get overly emotional if we’re wrong
- We believe in providing freedom and responsibility to foster a growth culture based on trust, transparency, and teamwork
- We encourage each other to seek discipline, balance, and fun in all parts of life, so that we can always perform at our best on the job
- We are a distributed team on a mission to build decentralized global power markets. You are welcome to work remote or join the core team in Austin, TX
In addition to competitive pay, Satoshi Energy offers:
- Full or partial payment in BTC
- Bonus plan, 401k, and equity participation
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home perks
- Quarterly company gatherings in fun places - the best of being fully remote while still coming together regularly!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin is energy backed money.