This job is no longer accepting applications.
The mission at Satoshi Energy is to accelerate progress toward a world with decentralized sound money and abundant sustainable energy. The company was founded on the idea that the most resilient and successful bitcoin mining will be powered by low cost renewable energy, and that 24/7 power markets will streamline settlement using a 24/7 financial protocol. Today, we are connecting renewable energy assets with bitcoin miners under novel contract structures. In the future, we envision every kilowatt-hour streamed to an energy consumer will be paid instantaneously with a digital financial transaction streamed to the energy producer.
As a Development Manager, you will join a small, focused team of bitcoiners, engineers, and energy experts and be responsible for owning and driving our project development workflow. You will develop a pipeline of projects in new power markets by leading diligence activities including the vetting of a project’s technical, financial, environmental, and permitting requirements. You will work across the organization and be responsible for communicating effectively with our customers and other stakeholders to bring these projects to life. As we grow, you will be instrumental in helping to build the team, drive the company strategy, and build a more sustainable future.
Your Day To Day
- Develop project plans, complete projects on time and budget, and manage team activities
- Work and communicate collaboratively with landowners, consultants, and engineering firms to meet project deadlines and milestones
- Work on internal team efforts to conduct project RFPs on behalf of energy companies
- Organize and maintain internal systems and project management tools
- Support the creation of our site prospecting workflow and development strategy
- Research and develop deep understanding of various energy markets and regulatory requirements to bring interruptible data center projects to life
- Lead projects by inspiring respect and trust, providing vision, and mobilizing others to fulfill the vision
- 2-5+ years of experience developing utility-scale renewable energy projects or energy storage projects
- Demonstrated success developing utility scale projects in multiple markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of utility-scale renewable energy project and/or storage project value proposition, engineering design, and fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge of power sales arrangements, including PPA structures and retail agreements, energy and capacity markets, and ancillary services markets
- Demonstrated experience with land lease contracts, general permitting, interconnection, and other entitlements required for a renewable energy generator project
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex technical matters verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools
- Self-motivated with the flexibility and willingness to work on various initiatives simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Pushes the boundaries of what is possible (first principles thinker) and takes initiative on new tasks
Desired Skills and Experience
- Obsession with sustainable energy and sound money
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of substation designs
- Knowledge of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction stage of infrastructure development
- Experience with Python, R, or other modeling languages and GIS modeling
- Knowledge of bitcoin, the bitcoin mining industry, and data centers
- We are free thinkers, we believe in meritocracy, we challenge assumptions meticulously, and we don’t get overly emotional if we’re wrong
- We believe in providing freedom and responsibility to foster a growth culture based on trust, transparency, and teamwork
- We encourage each other to seek discipline, balance, and fun in all parts of life, so that we can always perform at our best on the job
- We are a distributed team on a mission to build decentralized global power markets. You are welcome to work remote or join the core team in Austin, TX
In addition to competitive pay, Satoshi Energy offers:
- Full or partial payment in BTC
- Bonus plan, 401k, and equity participation
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home perks
- Quarterly company gatherings in fun places - the best of being fully remote while still coming together regularly!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin is energy backed money.