Senior Software Engineer- Front End (remote option)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Unchained Capital, our mission is to help bitcoin holders achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. Unchained products include originating loans backed by bitcoin, providing multi-signature vaults utilizing collaborative custody, and buying bitcoin directly to vaults with keys that you control. We’re looking for a Front-End Engineer to help us expand our product offerings and make multisig self-custody simpler for all bitcoiners.
The Front-End Engineer role offers an opportunity to bring simplicity and reliability to customers using multisig to secure their bitcoin. There are few comparables to the work we’re doing, so a creative mind who will collaborate with product managers and designers on novel solutions is a must. Private key ownership and usage is at the center of everything we do at Unchained Capital. Whether a company is managing its treasury or an individual is holding for the future, we believe in customers participating in their private key security. This presents hard problems to solve that include solutions directly tied to bitcoin’s multisig properties and more traditional software permission controls.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot at Unchained Capital. You can expect in your first year:
First Month: Get onboarded and learn about our current roadmap and plans. You’ll spend a lot of time with your engineering colleagues, product folks, and designers to understand our React front-end application and unique challenges. While learning is the focus, you can expect to get familiar with the codebase through fixing bugs and writing tests.
Next 3 Months: You’ll connect yourself more to specific customer needs and focus on one in particular. You’ll be building out a new UI or UX workflow, fixing performance for an existing feature, or hardening our front-end application with better tests.
Next 8 Months: You’ll really understand what we’re doing. You’ll be switching between refactoring our React app and building out new functionality. You’ll ship secure, responsive, beautiful features that make bitcoiners deliriously happy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with product managers and designers to contribute ideas for UI and UX upgrades.
- Become an expert in our React front-end application improving performance, reliability, and responsiveness
- Work closely with Full Stack and Back End engineers to improve our API
- Become intimately familiar with UX workflows for multiple multisig centric financial services products
- Contribute to both our proprietary applications, open source projects, and growing component libraries
- Participate in PR reviews and feedback for your colleagues
- Take on projects from ideation through delivery
- Build novel UIs for a new category of financial services
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Familiarity with the modern React ecosystem including hooks, jest and react testing library
- Experience with the latest web standards, including HTML5,CSS3, and SASS
- Minimum 4 years experience programming.
- Strong product interest and a passion for delivering delightful user experiences
- A solid grasp of RESTful API best practices. GraphQL experience a nice to have but not required
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The first Bitcoin native financial services company offering collaborative multisig vaults, loans, and buy bitcoin OTC. Not your keys, not your coins.