This job is no longer accepting applications.
LVL is a premium financial services company that offers cryptocurrency trading and a checking account in one easy-to-use mobile app. LVL is the only platform in North America to offer free Bitcoin trading - no trading fees and no hidden spreads. LVL also offers neobank features such as direct deposit, wires, mobile check deposits, and a Mastercard debit card.
LVL has received $4.5M in funding from top investors including TenOneTen, Morgan Creek Digital, Capital Factory, and others.
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for LVL and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. They will work cross-functionally across the company, interfacing directly with vendors, triaging with support, and managing compliance risk. The engineering team is autonomous, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work.
The Software Engineer will report to the CEO and will:
- Publish OTA updates to LVL’s React Native app weekly
- Triage technical issues with support, develop solutions, plan sprints, and follow through to completion
- Learn new technologies and seamlessly integrate them into LVL’s tech stack
- Improve scalability and reliability by implementing best practices around containerization, continuous integration, load balancing
- Build and maintain asynchronous task queues and microservices
- Manage database migrations in production environments
- Design APIs and integrate with external APIs
- Build internal tools for day-to-day operations, marketing data and analytics, and site reliability. Optimized for automation.
- Work with the CEO to architect new systems
- Python, Django
- AWS (EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch, Route53, S3, ELB, Lambda)
Desired experience and education:
- 1+ years as a software engineer
- Experience with startups is a plus
The ideal candidate will be:
- Flexible and responsive to the changes of a fast-paced and fast-growing company
- Highly organized
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail
- Passionate about finance, cryptocurrency, and technology
- Proactive and always willing to learn new things
- Looking for an opportunity to grow with the company
Equal Opportunity Employer LVL celebrates diversity and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Each applicant and employee is considered on individual merit, without discrimination as to race, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status.
Job type: Full-time Salary
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Bank Holidays off
- WFH hybrid schedule with an included home office stipend.
Location: Austin, TX
Schedule: 9am to 6pm CT. Some weekend and after hours work is required.
Company Website: https://lvl.co
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The next generation will bank on Bitcoin.