Mining Operations Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Great American Mining monetizes wasted, stranded, and undervalued gas throughout the oil and gas industry by using it as a power generation source for bitcoin mining. We bring the market and our expertise to the molecule. Our solutions make producers more efficient and profitable while helping to reduce flaring and venting throughout the oil and gas value chain.
Our decentralized mining model is based on proven engineering abilities and a container manufacturing process to deliver a scalable, competitive solution to our field operations for implementation. We have a diverse team with backgrounds in Bitcoin, finance, electrical/mechanical/chemical engineering, and oil & gas.
This position provides a unique opportunity to combine multiple skill sets in a hands-on environment where your ability to troubleshoot will have a direct impact on the performance of the business. Our business is evolving and growing in size and complexity. Recent expansion requires a proactive, innovative, and motivated individual to assume the responsibilities highlighted below.
The Mining Operations Associate role is the “air traffic control” center of GAM hashrate, uptime, and related logistics management. You will be responsible for:
- Hash rate monitoring, reporting, and uptime optimization
- Diagnostics of performance issues, miner error code investigation/resolution, and workflow management.
- Dispatch logistics of digital pumpers, genset service workers, and producer contacts in an effort to maximize uptime and be the first to know when something threatens hash rate uptime
- Documentation of process, best practices, and “what to do when X happens” materials
- Coordination and management of in-field machine repairs and container maintenance
- Coordination with third-parties for PCB repairs, shipping, and related field-installation logistics
- Maintain maintenance records and logs
- Maintain miner repair logs and detailed history
Depending on the qualifications of the candidate, this role could be based out of Ponchatoula, LA or Boston, MA.
Interested? Send your resume and a cover letter letting us know why you'd like to join our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We monetize wasted, stranded and undervalued gas throughout the oil and gas industry by using it as a power generation source for bitcoin mining.