Head of FinOps - Risk, Compliance and Financial Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
The ideal candidate for this role will be able bootstrap Noah's FinOps team, initially undertaking all risk, compliance and regulatory activities. Working with the executive team they will identify the people, processes and technology that Noah will need to become a fully regulated Cryptoasset business across multiple jurisdictions.
The role demands a senior professional that has practical experience of creating appropriate transaction monitoring rules and configuring these into the systems that will be used to monitor financial transactions. Working in a fast paced startup you will know the importance of applying a risk based approach to compliance which will be commensurate with active customer numbers, transaction volumes and transaction values.
As a senior Risk, Compliance and Financial Operations professional you will undertake the duties of the Noah's MLRO and will join the executive team, as required, when reporting to the FCA and other regulators.
Ultimately you will be responsible for setting the Risk, Compliance and FinOps agenda with Noah and growing the team to create a discipline that can manage regulatory demands from multiple jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate will work with Product and Technology to develop Noah's Back Office system helping to define it's UX/UI to optimise the productivity of their team. They will also inform decisions pertaining to integrations with third party tools they will propose for use in developing the capabilities of Noah's Back Office to support their team's operations.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and owning the initial transaction monitoring policy, procedures, rules and technology that will allow you to begin to understand Noah's customer activity; identifying and reporting suspicious activity the NCA SARs portal.
- Surveying and interpreting our regulatory and broader compliance landscape, both domestically and internationally to inform Noah's go to market strategy taking into consideration regulatory burden or lack thereof.
- Working with senior managers across the business to establish and execute a world-class compliance framework, monitoring and training programme, focused on ensuring cross-company understanding and ownership of regulatory risk.
- Assisting the executive team with license applications in UK and other target markets globally.
- Managing regulatory oversight, controls, reporting and engagement.
- Reporting to the executive team and the Board of Directors, as the risk owner for compliance.
- Being the ultimate point of escalation for regulatory issues.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of our Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Constantly driving improvements in efficiency and risk management.
- Developing talent, including line management of team members.
- Selecting, budgeting and proposing technology and services that will help Noah achieve it's risk and compliance objectives.
What You Will Bring...
We're looking for someone with experience in a regulated financial institution, ideally a Cryptoasset business, or other corporate, and who is passionate about moving to a fast-paced CrypTech. You will be driven and able to work independently, while taking a consultative approach in the way compliance is implemented.
- You can see and explain how new regulations coming into play will impact the Noah's products and expansion plans. This means applying FCA regulations in a way that is user-friendly for a varied audience, and seeking early engagement for compliance initiatives and programmes.
- You have dealt directly with regulators and understand how to nurture and deepen these relationships.
- You have experience of drafting, implementing and rolling out compliance plans, frameworks and policies across a company or department.
- You’ve scaled a compliance function, and have managed high-performing teams.
- You’ve operated in an environment with multiple regulators having different reporting requirements.
- You enjoy operating at a strategic level and demonstrate the value of compliance.
- You’re passionate about working in the CrypTech sector helping regulators understand the benefits of digital assets for ordinary people.
- You have experience in KYC, AML and Financial Crime regulation and industry best practice, with a confidence in providing assurance and advice to key stakeholders, would be useful.
Base salary depending on experience + strong competitive bonus + equity
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The all-in-one money app powered by bitcoin.