Product Manager - Lightning
This job is no longer accepting applications.
If you are the right person, you don’t need to be told what Bitrefill is and our role in the Lightning ecosystem. Bitrefill is currently the world's number one place where people spend their coins. Every day, thousands of people worldwide use our services to buy gift cards, pay their bills, or purchase mobile refills. Our mission is to build a circular crypto economy, a world where using your bitcoins to send money around is as common as using Zoom for video calls.
We have come a long way already and built a solid reputation as innovators in the user experience of bitcoin payments and tech such as Lightning Network. We are a profitable founder-controlled company working laser focused on our vision of making the bitcoin dream a reality today, making it possible for people to cut the cord to their old bank and live on bitcoin.
We were the first to go live with Lightning in production in 2017, processed the first ever purchases, and have pioneered lightning-unique services such as the first Lightning Service Provider Thor with the corresponding LNURL protocol that has since grown as a community project to become the de-facto interoperability standard for many common Lightning operations.
Unlike many companies in our space, we are not working on some future tech that’s imagined to go live five years down the line. We take the state-of-the-art tech available today, and put it live into production, with real money and real customers using it from day one.
We are now looking for a Product person to help us evolve in this capacity and work with our team of designers and engineers to build the next generation of Lightning native solutions.
- You will be the lead product manager of the Lightning related sides of our business, working closely with everyone in our product development team and reporting directly to CEO
- Lead efforts on improving the experience of using Lightning for payments and real-world purchases, creating new UI patterns along the way
- Rapidly integrate new protocols and evolutions for interacting on Lightning
- Develop new products for Lightning-specific concepts, the Thor’s of the future, from idea to implementation to iteration based on real-users-and-real-money implementation and feedback
- Lead partnership and integration efforts with other companies in the Lightning space
- Provide the product team with clarity in the team objectives and backlog
- Derive a prioritization framework to ensure the right product is delivered
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and roadmap towards the team and stakeholders, clients and partners
- Manage the tools required to deliver desired business outcomes (ie OKRs) effectively
- Work in close collaboration with UX, marketing, customer success, and data analytics to gain deep customer knowledge and industry trend awareness
- Aggregate knowledge about the user and work with UX to share this knowledge with the development team and other stakeholders
- You live in the future already, and are looking to build the bits that are missing
- You are an avid user of Lightning already, familiar with common wallets and services and UX paradigms, with opinions on what is good UX
- You probably have opinions on how to improve Bitrefill’s Lightning offerings, and what to add to them in the future
- You are hungry to learn, fast to execute, do a lot with little, and care strongly about your product and users
- You are a pragmatist rather than an ideologue. Your focus is on finding good ideas, regardless of which camp they come from
- A humble team player and a good friend who will contribute to our unpretentious culture. Eager to roll up your sleeves when needed and do what is needed to drive the company forwards
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of general design or programming experience and 2+ years of experience as a product manager or from another management role
- You are equally passionate about the promise of internet money as you are about great products, new technologies, efficient teamwork, and making an impact on the world
- You have probably already been to El Salvador, or at the very least planning on going there
- You are skilled in understanding technical challenges. You are comfortable in facilitating technical discussions and decisions
- You are a natural problem solver and analyst, who can identify risk and suggest strategies for alleviating it
- You have a technical background and are familiar with common web development technologies
- Excellent communication skills, in English, speaking as well as writing
- To become part of a talented and passionate team with high ambitions for a world where Bitcoin is money for everyday use
- The opportunity to work with and learn from the real-world day-to-day users of cryptocurrency today, and to build products that will become the standards for user experience in our entire field
- Office located centrally in Stockholm or the opportunity work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Team retreat and get together twice each year (at a warm location during winter and in Stockholm during the Fall)
- Company-paid business trips to El Salvador
- Competitive salary and compensation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Live on crypto