Engineering Manager - Bitcoin Custody & Wallet
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At River Financial we have made a commitment to building financial solutions that power a radically more transparent and efficient global economic system made possible by Bitcoin. To that end, we have built leading Bitcoin brokerage and custody products to keep our clients ahead of the curve. We are looking for people to help us accelerate the adoption of Bitcoin.
The Custody & Wallet team is responsible for building, scaling and maintaining our secure custody and wallet infrastructure. This team builds the core systems that safeguard our clients assets and power our on-chain and Lightning Network transaction processing. Interesting problems this team works on include: building, monitoring, and management tooling to scale Lightning Network nodes, investigating how new standards like PSBTs, Taproot, etc. can be leveraged within River’s products, and utilizing new open-source tools to continuously improve our Bitcoin hot and cold custody security.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who has strong coding skills, is deeply knowledgeable about Bitcoin, and has experience building and scaling secure custody systems. You will play a foundational role in building and managing the next generation of our custody systems to power current and future River Financial products and services.
What you will be doing
- Scale, harden and maintain our Bitcoin custody and wallet infrastructure
- Help identify new business opportunities for the Custody & Wallet team
- Interview, hire, support, and mentor software engineers on the Custody & Wallet team
- Work with product, legal, and compliance to ensure that we are maintaining the utmost level of security for our clients’ assets
What we look for in you
- 6+ years of software development experience, preferably working on hardened, security sensitive systems
- Deep understanding of the threat models necessary to defend against when building Bitcoin software
- Self-motivated with a growth-mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Extremely responsible and detail-oriented
Nice to haves
- Experience with Go
- You have worked at a rapidly scaling company
- Management or leadership expertise
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Accelerate the adoption of Bitcoin