This job is no longer accepting applications.
ZEBEDEE is a payment platform for virtual worlds. We build software developer kits to enable true in-game commerce using globally interoperable digital value protocols. Virtual worlds need the native currency of the internet. With one foot in the gaming industry and another in Fintech - we bridge the divide to the next payment frontier. Come and join us!
Global video gaming and interactive media is a $100bn revenue industry growing at 10%+ per annum, driven by microtransactions. ZEBEDEE allows new types of monetisation models for both game developers and gamers. We are not just another payment service provider. We are building the infrastructure that will enable new types of behaviours and activities in gaming environments using Bitcoin as the payment rail.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join the ZEBEDEE Engineering team working on core services powering the platform and the product suite. You will work directly with the CTO, other engineers, project managers, and QA, to execute and system specifications.
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Develop and maintain ZEBEDEE Platform Services and Infrastructure
- Work closely with other engineering members to scale and improve ZEBEDEE services and systems
- Take ownership over the technical direction of some internal applications
- Follow good software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration and testing
- Understand the challenges of running a SaaS platform provider at global scale
- Ability to work remotely across time zones
- Ability to tackle challenging engineering problems and have a love for clean concise code
- Experience with trunk-based development
- 5+ years of developing microservice experiences and have successfully scaled enterprise level software
- Deep understanding of Node.js and Express.js
- Experience designing and implementing performant APIs on distributed systems
- Experience with Message Brokers (RabbitMQ, AmazonMQ)
- Experience with Redis
- Experience With writing optimized SQL and working with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience using development environments such as Docker or similar platforms
- Good understanding or experience on AWS Products such as ECS, EC2, Lambda, and S3
- Proficiency in GoLang, C# or Python
- Experience with writing Terraform Modules
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and Lightning Network
- Active Gamer
Competitive with employee stock option bonuses.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
ZEBEDEE is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powering real economies in virtual worlds