Associate Writer - News Aggregation (APAC)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are Looking For
At Bitcoin Magazine, we aim to lead the industry in publishing Bitcoin information and relevant news. Informing and educating our audiences through our magazine platforms is an integral part of our mission. Serving our audiences with breaking the most critical stories through Twitter and other social channels is a key part of our strategy. We are searching for an Associate Writer in the APAC regions (Asia & Australia) to join our teams to fill this role in the slotted time zones adjacent to the US regions. Filling this slot will serve our audiences better and take one step closer to 24-hour coverage.
As an Associate Writer focusing on news aggregation, you will play a vital role in our strategy around scouting, obtaining, measuring, and posting relevant content in line with our audience’s expectations.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a passionate Bitcoiner who knows what stories matter for Bitcoin and can identify and disperse that information quickly and efficiently. They will be organized, detail-oriented, and possess experience writing professionally through online social mediums. Taking the initiative and managing your time is critical in staying on top of relevant news on time.
What You Will Be Doing
- Scan Popular Bitcoin Forums, Twitter, and news sources for breaking news or stories in the Bitcoin Space
- Aggregate headlines and sources in the content team slack channel
- Quickly follow essential news up with viral tweets (On @bitcoinmagazine)
- Manage Twitter engagement during shifts.
- Write 3-5 articles per day (250-500 words) to follow each high-performance tweet.
- Work alongside our teams under editorial and production to assist with related tasks.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Must be both knowledgeable of and passionate about Bitcoin
- Must be very familiar with the nuances of Bitcoin twitter and the community
- Must have strong written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, attentive, and organized
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative
- Basic graphic design skills
- Formal writing experience
- Experience operating professional social accounts
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Focused on Hyperbitcoinization — Bitcoin Magazine, The Bitcoin Conference, Earn Carrot, UTXO Management.