(Senior) Risk Analyst
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Do you love bitcoin and hate fraud? Swan is looking for a Bitcoiner to protect Swan clients from fraud risk. We need a unicorn: someone who enjoys spending time on the phone with our users or fellow Swans, but who also loves getting into the flow state in a spreadsheet or fraud database for a few hours.
- Reviewing flagged users on a daily basis
- Investigating fraud and user security issues
- Preventing financial loss from bank transfer reversals
- Responding to incidents and flexing into urgent matters as needed
- Working with users who have frozen accounts without creating unnecessary escalations
- Thinking creatively around improving our fraud and user security processes
- Working across the organization with multiple teams such as Security and Compliance
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Reliable and consistent: our queues are fresh every day and we don’t want to keep anyone waiting longer than they need to
- Highly detail-oriented
- Willing to learn from mistakes, with a good attitude
- Can thrive in a fast-changing regulatory and compliance landscape
- Responsive to the fast-paced demands of startup life
- Inclined to go the extra mile to review and troubleshoot issues, investigate root causes, and follow up to resolve issues
- Capable of working both independently and cross-functionally, as necessary
- Comfortable using remote forms of communication including Slack, Zendesk, and Zoom
- Enjoys leading by example, engaging with others to solve problems creatively, helping train others in the organization on risk processes
- Previous analytical, fraud mitigation, client services, and/or administrative processing experiences
- Required to work US timezones
- Title based on experience level
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey.