Junior Investment Analyst
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
We're seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Investment Analyst with a focus on Bitcoin for Swan Bitcoin. Reporting into the Chief Investment Officer, you will play a crucial role in conducting comprehensive research and financial analysis on various aspects of the Bitcoin market and its relationship with the global financial system.
As our Investment Analyst, you will undertake an array of tasks that bridge research and financial analysis. This includes:
- Providing financial analysis and modeling for various projects, similar to the scope and depth expected of a junior investment banker.
- Conceiving and leading in-depth Bitcoin research projects spanning markets, economics, history, social and political implications.
- Collaborating closely with the CIO and Research Team in crafting Bitcoin-focused investment strategies by interpreting financial market trends.
- Generating comprehensive financial reports on Bitcoin and possibly other cryptocurrencies, informing both our team and our clients.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of Bitcoin mining operations if necessary.
- Regularly reviewing our investment portfolio, assessing risks and returns, and providing actionable insights for portfolio optimization.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
Joining our team at Swan Bitcoin means entering a dynamic and growing sector of the financial world. Working closely with our CIO, you will significantly broaden your knowledge about financial markets, coding, and Bitcoin. This position represents a remarkable opportunity for professional development and personal growth.
- Previous experience in a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) role, Investment Banking or similar experience in financial modeling and project analysis.
- A strong grasp of financial markets and deal analysis.
- A deep understanding of Bitcoin, including its technical aspects and its place within the macroeconomic landscape. Familiarity with Bitcoin mining is a plus.
- Proficiency in Python for data analysis and financial modeling.
- Solid understanding of macro asset classes and relevant trading markets.
- Exceptional mathematical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Project management skills.
- A deep passion for Bitcoin and a commitment to educating others about its importance.
- Unparalleled attention to detail and precision in your work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and digestible manner.
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey.