Associate General Counsel
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
As Associate General Counsel, you will work with Swan’s General Counsel to help define, drive, execute the legal strategy for the entire company, delivering against mission critical goals as we continue our significant growth. This is a strategic, highly visible role that will also work with the senior leadership team on company-wide legal matters including but not limited to regulatory compliance, contracts, vendor agreements, financings, and transactions.
- More important than anything else, you will be responsible for applying a proactive, collaborative, and problem-solving approach to every inquiry or task.
- Draft/ review a range of business agreements supporting various business objectives, such as commercial, vendor, confidentiality, employment, joint venture, and venture capital contracts, among others.
- Provide corporate transactional support as needed in connection with potential JV and/or VC opportunities.
- Assess and drive federal and state licensing (in particular, state money transmitter licenses), regulatory inquiries and examinations.
- Ensure compliance with all FinTech regulation, including tracking changes to applicable laws, regulations and guidance from state and federal agencies to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Work with CISO on data privacy and data security matters and support implementation of related policies and procedures.
- Provide support on general corporate matters.
- Work with business and compliance partners to develop, implement, and improve policies and procedures as the company grows.
- Lead/coordinate projects with outside counsel and related Swan personnel.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Proven legal experience within a FinTech or financial organization or experience within a corporate, transactional, M&A, or private fund department at a major law firm.
- Experience with state money transmitter licensing is a plus.
- Mission driven Bitcoiner who understands Swan's mission and the importance of creating 10 million new Bitcoiners.
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup and managing change.
- Ability to independently prioritize workflows to meet deadlines.
- Experience in contract reviews and negotiations.
- Knowledge and experience with general corporate matters.
- Adept at providing practical legal and regulatory guidance.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey.