Lead Lightning Protocol Developer
* Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills
* Equity opportunity expected
* Excellent health benefits: fully-funded HSA for full-time employees
Working Conditions: Primary work is expected to be a salaried exempt worker on a full-time basis as directed by the Chief Technology Officer (primarily open source Lightning protocol work). We expect the ideal candidate to work hard as directed and collaboratively—contributing not only to work to achieve company goals and deadlines, but also a self-starter who is passionate about and will contribute to Lightning protocol development and related open source projects as down time and circumstances permit.
Company Culture: We are a Bitcoin-focused company. You don't have to be a Bitcoin maximalist, however, you're expected not to be involved in scamcoins or attacks on Bitcoin.
Job Summary: The Lead Lightning Protocol Developer will evaluate company needs for the Lightning protocol as well as end-user wallets, and work toward implementing those needs in a professional, timely, and workmanlike manner. Developer will collaborate with and advise other developers on Lightning integration into products/services. It is expected that a full-time developer will not be occupied continually with directly related work, and may contribute to other open source development (preferably Lightning-related) during normal work hours.
* Learn company service/product line in depth.
* Identify what, if any, improvements are needed in the Lightning protocol and/or Lightning clients to accomplish company goals.
* Collaborate with other Lightning developers to implement needed improvements.
* Work with other in-house developers to implement service/product end of Lightning integration.
* Contribute to Lightning open source in general.
* C, Go, Rust, and/or Scala.
* Typical development tools: Git, etc
* Familiarity and experience with contributing to open source projects.
* Experience with the primary programming language of at least one major Lightning implementation (ie, C, Go, Rust, and/or Scala).
* (Formal education is a scam and will be disregarded entirely.)
* Existing contributions to Lightning, especially at the protocol level.
* Experience with code of multiple Lightning implementations, or at least collaboration with developers of other implementations.
* Recommendation(s) from other Lightning developers.
* Open to occasional travel for developer conferences or company events.
Disclaimer: This is a newly created position for an early-stage company. This job description covers initial expected responsibilities only and future progression of the company may entail new tasks and responsibilities as directed by the CTO and company from time-to-time.